Writers Relief

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I've not abandoned you...

Hi folks, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't abandoned you. I'm working on my own book right now and it's taking up a lot of my time as well as draining me emotionally. It's a book called 'MEMOIRS OF A HEROIN ADDICT' and there are times that it feels as if it's trying to suck my soul, and my brain, right out of me. But, fear not, I'm tougher than that, and I will prevail *evil laugh*. Just keep me in prayer, for those of you that pray; and for those that don't, please send me good thoughts. Thanks so much. BTW, when I come back I'll have a couple reviews from Christina Dodd: her new book, Chains of Ice from The Chosen Ones series, and Scent of Darkness; the first book in the Darkness Chosen series. I strongly suggest that you not wait for me to tell you about it and you run out and buy them for yourselves. They are wonderful, and she's a writer worth reading. Until next time, all the best to you.

1 comment:

  1. You had me at "It's a book called 'MEMOIRS OF A HEROIN ADDICT'" So now I'm following you, even while you're away. ;)

    I, too, have temporarily stepped away from my blog. It's killing me. :p If you're up for a little reading, here's the first sentence of the last thing I posted:

    "I just spent thirty hours with an addict, a man who’s demons make him one of the cruelest and most self-centered assholes I know; a man whose heart shines through him like the eyes of a boy who would spend his last dime to bring you happiness; a man of unyielding truthfulness who sees into me in ways no other human being ever has; but an addict all the same."

    Okay, that was kinda long. I didn't mean to hijack your blog. I'm sending writer-to-writer *good thoughts* and wishing you well. Write on!

    Dina
    aka Sins of the Eldest Daughter

    ReplyDelete